Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yep, that's ok!

7 Months... It's actually been that long! I am so sorry and I cannot believe it. So, life is vastly different today than it was so many months ago. I lost my grandmother, I got really busy at work, I traded Lucy in for Spencer, and I took my LSAT and did quite well. So, that's about it :) Onward and upward my friends...

It's a really sunny day here in Minneapolis. Like blindingly sunny. And everything is wet and grey. It's awesome. So I usually write these big overtures of theology and grandiose ideas of how I am going to change my life. BUT, I think I just want to write about life now. Like a stream of conciousness as I sit in my coffeeshop and type. Is that ok? Ok, great.

The sun is really sunny and it's warming my face. Which is great, but my scarf makes it really hot! But that's ok. I like my scarf. It's red and texture-y and I feel super chic in it. Old Navy, the ONLY way to go for cute clothes in my opinion. The fun thing about scarves is that they can draw attention AND conceal at the same time. Although, my scarf today is doing nothing for the facial laceration I received this weekend. Yes, whipped cream fights are BRUTAL!! But it was ok.

I'm going to Romeo and Juliet tonight. My friend Rusty asked me today if I was excited for love, to which I replied I was excited for murder, deceit and suicide. I guess I'm not much of a romantic. But that's ok.

Church today was good. We talked about redemptive suffering and how we can suffer for others that they might have joy. Tough topic, but challenging to impliment. I mean, it's definitely a counterculture idea. One point Pastor Steve made that really resonated was that we have a secret desire to live a struggle-free life. In our hearts, we each kinda want life to be without pain and discomfort. So when we decide to intentionally be uncomfortable for the sake of someone else, it's unthinkable to those outside the paradigm of Jesus' ministry and life. So, I hope I keep that message with me as I walk out my faith this week. That should be ok.

I've been sitting here for hours now and this sun is burning holes into my retinas, so I think a nap should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment